Entrepreneurial Institute

Welcome Zainab Babikir: New Program Coordinator

Stay up to date on upcoming events, deadlines, news, and more by signing up for our newsletters!

Please join us in welcoming the newest member of our team – Program Coordinator Zainab Babikir (Tandon '21). In her new role, Babikir will support programs and operations at the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute.

Learn more about the newest addition to our team below:

Tell us a little about yourself. How did you end up at the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute?

My name is Zainab — pronounced (Zay•Nub). I am a Pisces with a Libra Moon and Virgo Rising. My current favorite meal is the Brussels sprouts at Saraghina on Lewis Avenue. Try them, you will thank me! I used to be an intern at the Leslie eLab during my time as an undergrad at NYU. I loved it so much that I came back for a full-time position.

What was your favorite part about being at NYU during your time as a student?

My favorite part about being at NYU was exploring the city! During my time as a student I was lucky enough to live in 3/5 boroughs, attend shows at Fashion Week, see multiple Broadway shows, visit countless museums and parks, and meet so many amazing friends. There’s always something to do here – I never get bored.

What are you most excited for in your new role?

As Program Coordinator, I am excited to help the Entrepreneurial Institute continue to build community on campus. I graduated from NYU not long ago and was lucky enough to build a wonderful community of friends who spent time at the eLab. I got to know so many young startup founders whose passion and drive was so inspiring, and it encouraged me to pour into my own interests more. I want to extend that energy of inspiration to current and future NYU students.

What draws you to working with startups?

I love being around highly ambitious people who are willing to take risks to achieve their goals. Being surrounded by that energy is so infectious. I find the fast pace and constant change at startups exciting.

What do you like to do during your free time outside of the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute?

In my free time, I like to explore my creativity – whether that’s taking a pottery class, painting on a rooftop with friends, or practicing my culinary skills. I also love being outside. In the summer, you can find me riding a bike at Prospect Park or walking around the city.

Share a fun fact about yourself!

In my free time, I am a freelance fashion stylist. I am obsessed with all things fashion!

Related