The Max Stenbeck Venture Equity program will help founders understand the different types of funding, fundraising best practices, and spell out the mechanics of receiving investment capital. Workshops and panels will be led by venture-backed entrepreneurs, investors, and startup lawyers. Both during and after the program, participants will have the opportunity to meet investors and other advisors through office hours and coaching.
When/where will it take place?
The program is held virtually (via Zoom) from approximately 3 or 4-6pm ET on Tuesdays Oct. 25, Nov. 1, Nov. 15, Nov. 29, & Dec. 13. Participants (CEO or founder in charge of fundraising on the venture) are expected to attend ALL sessions.
Schedule and topics (subject to change):
- Oct 25 - Investor Landscape: From Accelerator programs offering money, Friends & Family, Angels, Venture Capital firms, and non-equity funding alternatives
- Nov 1 - Fundraising Process: Investor fit, raise amount and terms, materials to create, putting a funnel together, soft-circling and closing
- Nov 15 - Storytelling: Storytelling frameworks, fireside chat with founders on investor pitching
- Nov 29 - Soft Skills & Biases: Outreach & networking, investor meeting expectations, investor updates, unconscious & conscious biases
- Dec 13 - Investor Diligence Process: Workshop w/ startup lawyers from Brown Rudnick, covering diligence materials, deal terms, and negotiations
Participants are invited to participate in coaching sessions with members of NYU’s Innovation Venture Fund team, as well as office hours with external investors and VC-backed entrepreneurs to get feedback on their pitches and the investment process.
Who leads the workshops/lectures?
The workshops/panels are led by the NYU’s Innovation Venture Fund team, startup lawyers, VCs, and venture-backed founders. Confirmed speakers include founders of Ephemeral Tattoo, MyWellbeing, HealthBoxed, Funnel Leasing, Statespace (Aimlab), Mighty, She Matters and GigFinesse, investors from 500 Startups, Techstars, 2048 Ventures, HearstLab, Alumni Ventures and Flat World Partners, and legal guidance from Brown Rudnick.