The NYU Entrepreneurial Institute offers Customer Discovery Bootcamps for startups to learn the fundamentals of the Lean Startup approach and test the value of your solution with your future customers and partners by Getting Out of the Building
About Customer Discovery Bootcamps:
Each bootcamp is a two half-day commitment, held select Fridays during the semester at the Leslie eLab. Accepted teams can expect:
- In advance of the bootcamp: Come prepared having completed readings and presentations
- Day 1: Customer discovery workshops led by the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute teaching and coaching team; Participants will also each present their venture ideas and receive feedback during the session
- Between Day 1 & 2: In the week between each session, each team will endeavor to complete at least five interviews with their potential target customers and partners; Teams will also be offered dedicated coaching appointments from the Startup Coaching Program
- Day 2: Each team presents on what they learned from customer discovery, and receives "radical candor" feedback from the coaching team; The bootcamp concludes with an overview of select follow-on resources available to bootcamp participants
- Following the bootcamp: Teams will be offered continued coaching, and select teams will be invited to interview for the next Startup Sprint (only 30% of Sprint applicants make it to the interview round, so you'll have made the cut!)
Startup Bootcamps are open to any NYU student, Faculty or researcher-led team from across NYU who have:
- An idea for a startup
- Demonstrated passion for the problem you hope to solve with your idea
- Preference given to teams with two or more members
- Preference given to diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Be committed to attending BOTH of the half-day sessions
- No prior business or startup experience is necessary.
NYU faculty, PhD students, clinicians and researchers who are working on innovative scientific research, technologies and ventures in fields such as biotech/life sciences, artificial intelligence, AR/VR, robotics, cleantech, blockchain, advanced material science, photonics and electronics, and quantum computing, should consider applying instead to the Technology Venture Workshop. The Technology Venture Workshop is similar to the Startup Bootcamp but is purpose built for deep tech/biotech ventures, and is sponsored by the National Science Foundation. Learn more about the Technology Venture Workshop and apply here.
- Pre-Bootcamp: September 29th (4:00-6:00pm) [apply via regular bootcamp application]
- Customer Discovery Bootcamp 1: October 9th & October 16th - Application is due September 23rd @ noon.
- Customer Discovery Bootcamp 2: October 30th & November 6th