Each fellow will receive mentorship, training, and resources to support their venture and themselves, including:
Training: Fellows will have access to comprehensive startup training, and will be invited to participate in the:
- Startup Sprint: Two week long intensive program to help startup ventures find problem-solution fit (taking place in January and in May/June). Sprint teams will be granted $1,000 at the start of the program and be eligible for up to $1,500 in follow-on funding (in reimbursable expenses).
- Summer Launchpad Interview: Fellows will automatically be guaranteed an interview for the highly competitive NYU Summer Launchpad Accelerator.
- Ignite Fellowship Priority Consideration: All fellows will have their ventures reviewed for potential invitation into the upcoming Ignite Alpha cohort.
- Other programs: Fellows may also be invited to participate in/apply to other select program opportunities, as they arise.
Coaching: Regular (monthly or more frequent) coaching sessions with members of the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute Coaching Team, Entrepreneurs in Residence, and/or Founders in Residence,
Mentoring: Fellows will be paired with seasoned entrepreneurial and investor mentors from the greater NYC and US startup communities. Further, fellows will have access to a network of 120+ external mentors and funders through the broader network of mentors at the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute.
Female Founders Network Access: Fellows will be invited to participate in monthly community events, and an annual full-day Female Founders Forum, alongside the broader NYU community. Fellows will also be offered exclusive networking opportunities, via:
- Female Founders Fellowship Cohort: Monthly gatherings where fellows will get to share progress, work through venture challenges.
- Networking events: Network with members of the Female Founders Fellowship Advisory Committee as well as with special guests from the startup community.
Invitation to Apply for Financial Award: The NYU Female Founders Fellowship aims to enable more founders to pursue their ventures after graduation by removing some of the financial burden of student loan debt. NYU Female Founders Fellows are invited to apply for Loan Alleviation Grants as they prepare to graduate. Grants will be awarded to 15-25 Fellows per year and the awards will range from $5K to $50K per fellow.