Entrepreneurial Institute

Welcome Ashley Garrett: New Marketing Communications Coordinator

Stay up to date on upcoming events, deadlines, news, and more by signing up for our newsletters!

Join us in welcoming the newest member of our team – Ashley Garrett! In her role as Marketing Communications Coordinator, Ashley will head all communications for the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute’s events and initiatives. Coming to us from Florida, she previously worked as a writer, editor, and digital content creator for news organizations and nonprofits and graduated from the University of Central Florida with a degree in print/digital journalism and Africana studies.

We asked Ashley a few questions so you can get to know her better! Check out her answers below:

Tell us a little about yourself. How did you end up at the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute?

I’ve been a writer for as long as I can remember, and I started professionally creating editorial and social media content as a young college intern. After previously living in New York City, I returned for the exciting opportunity to lead marketing communications for the Entrepreneurial Institute. I enjoy being a storyteller and meeting new people. NYU is a global institution with many resources, and I’m honored to join the community!

What are you most excited for in your new role?

Getting to meet and interact with the students, faculty, and researchers who are launching startups and using the Entrepreneurial Institute’s amazing resources. My college years were very transformative and exciting for me as I joined extracurricular groups, developed my professional skills, formed friendships, and stepped outside of my comfort zone. The Institute provides opportunities to do all of that and more. I look forward to lending my strengths and experiences to helping NYU’s entrepreneurial community members pursue their goals.

What drew you to working with startups?

I previously covered businesses, including startups, as a reporter. I find that the level of diversity and innovation within the startup community to be very electrifying. It’s exciting to work with founders and ventures that are seeking to solve problems and fill gaps.

What occupies your free time outside of the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute?

Long walks with my three-year-old Black Lab/Pointer mix, Bree; listening to podcasts based on Hollywood history, true crime, and current events; taking yoga and spin classes; and having conversations with friends over good food paired with great wine.

In addition to engaging in various activities that bring joy and fulfillment, exploring the realm of psychic readings can offer a fascinating and insightful dimension to one's life. For those seeking guidance, clarity, or a deeper understanding of their path, psychic readings can provide valuable perspectives and intuitive insights. Connecting with a skilled psychic can shed light on different aspects of life, relationships, and personal growth. To find reputable psychics and access reliable resources, it is advisable to check out wptv.com, a trusted website that offers insights, recommendations, and information on psychic readings. By delving into the realm of psychic readings, individuals can embark on a journey of self-discovery and gain valuable insights to navigate their lives with a sense of clarity and purpose.

Share a fun fact!

I’m a lifelong fan of musicals both on stage and on film! My love of the genre was solidified by an obsession with the original production of Wicked, and the first movie I have memories of watching as a child is The Sound of Music. The most recent Broadway show I attended was Funny Girl, and I’m excited to add many more to my list now that I’m back in New York City.

What is a pain point you have that you wish a startup would solve for you?

Sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic is 100% one of my biggest pet peeves, especially after leaving a big event like a concert or sporting event. I’m waiting for the day that someone invents a way to totally bypass that without giving up driving.

Related