Roughly 2 months ago, the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute temporarily closed the doors of the Leslie eLab and transitioned all of our programs online. During the last nine weeks, we have hosted 1:1 coaching sessions, Startup School workshops, a 2-day Startup Bootcamp, VC Pitchfests, an Idea Jam, startup competition judgings, Female Founders Virtual Lunches and even held a Teammate Hunt with 50+ attendees, all using Zoom.
The startup community at NYU remains stronger than ever—we’ve even seen audience growth across multiple programs. We are excited by all of the startup ideas that have emerged recently and by the new founders we have met. To meet this growing demand, we will be ramping up our summer programming above and beyond Startup Sprint and Summer Launchpad accelerators.
See below for some of the startup events and opportunities that should be on your radar.*
We hope that you will join us and look forward to seeing you (virtually) soon.
The NYU Entrepreneurial Institute team
Check out these workshops and events that are free for current students, faculty and staff. Tickets are available for purchase for alumni and general admission.
- June 12 at 4:30 pm: Prioritizing Features in Product Development with Priyam Nidhi (Tandon '16), Product Manager at The Blackstone Group.
- June 18 at 4 pm: How Knowing Your Customer Drives Product Insights with Justin Silver (Stern '12), Founder & COO of aavrani.
- June 26 at 1 pm: How to Network with Investors During an Unprecedented Time with Jenny Fielding, Managing Director of Techstars NYC.
- July 30 at 4:30 pm: Gauging Your Product’s Success with Metrics with Priyam Nidhi, Product Manager at The Blackstone Group.
- July 10 at 3 pm: How to Monetize a Podcast Without a Big Audience with Sergei Revzin, Venture Associate for the NYU Innovation Venture Fund.
- July 23 at 4 pm: Computer Vision Startup Trends & Commercializing Research with Evan Nisselson, General Partner & Founder of LDV Capital.
- August 4 at 4:30 pm: Utilizing Agile Techniques for Your Startup with Priyam Nidhi, Product Manager at The Blackstone Group.
- Additional topics to be announced! Check our events calendar for updates.
- Save the dates: June 20 (12-2 pm), July 24 (12-2 pm), August 14 (12-2 pm).
- Additional speaker details and event RSVP pages to be announced! Check our events calendar for updates.
Got an idea for a new venture? Need help scaling your startup operations? These opportunities are open to current NYU students, faculty, and staff.
- Sign up for a 1:1 coaching session and meet with startup experts from the Entrepreneurial Institute.
- Apply to the Summer Startup Bootcamp. This year we are offering a Customer Discovery Startup Bootcamp over the summer - the bootcamp will take place on July 10th (Part A) and July 17th (PartB). Learn how to test the value of your team's ideas and validate (or invalidate) the problem you are hoping to solve for your target customer. Preference is given to teams with two or more members and applications are due June 30th at noon.
New cohort-based programs to support founders who are actively working on their startups this summer.
- Founders Circle: Monthly meetup offering community and peer-to-peer support for founders who have made meaningful progress in our Startup Bootcamp and coaching programs. Summer cohort has been selected.
- Ignite Fellowships: Invite only mentorship program that follows the intensive work of the Startup Sprints with guidance and accountability from external experts and Institute coaches to help the teams sustain progress. Summer cohort has been selected.
Finally, don’t miss the NYU-Yale Pitchoff:
- July 9 at 4 pm: NYU-Yale Summer Accelerator Pitchoff. For the seventh year in a row, inspiring young collegiate innovators building promising ventures come together (virtually) for a friendly pitchoff competition before a panel of venture capitalist judges. Teams to be announced.
*All programs and events will take place virtually, via Zoom unless noted otherwise.