Have you heard the news?! The Healthcare Makerthon starts this Friday! This is your chance to take your idea from concept to creation and leave your mark on the field of healthcare!
If that’s not enough to convince you, keep reading to find out the top five reasons that YOU should attend the Healthcare Makerthon this October 26th-28th!
1. Solve real-world problems in healthcare
At the Makerthon, you will join forces with the best and brightest students, faculty, and staff across the NYU community to solve healthcare’s most pressing challenges. Learn more about the challenge here.
2. Win prizes
Now’s your chance to compete for upwards of $10,000 in prizes to keep your idea going after the event! Winners of the event will also have the potential to advance to other competitions, such as InnoVention and the NYU Aging Incubator Challenge, and compete for even more cash prizes!
3. Meet like-minded people from across NYU
You’ll spend all weekend working with an interdisciplinary team full of bright and talented people! Who knows? You could meet your next business partners, best friends, or maybe even both!
4. Free food and swag
We can’t promise you pancakes, but we can promise you A LOT of free food! Believe us, you will not go hungry during the Healthcare Makerthon! Join us for all the free goodies!
5. Engage with industry experts and mentors
Work with healthcare entrepreneurs, investors, sponsors, and industry experts in the NYC venture and startup community and learn how to transform your ideas into innovative solutions directly from the experts!
So, now that you know the top 5 reasons you should attend this year’s Makerthon, what are the next steps?
- Follow this link to register for this life-changing event!
- Get a head start by finding a team/teammates via the Makerthon Slack Channel.
- Get excited about this year’s challenges!
- Get those creative juices flowing and be prepared to compete for up to $10,000 in prizes! Plus, get ready for some amazing experiences (and food!) along the way!