The Entrepreneurial Institute now has Entrepreneurs in Residence and Founders in Residence who can help with your startup!
Founders in Residence
The FIRs are recently graduated/current students who can give you the student perspective on how to start and launch a startup.
All 3 have successfully navigated our startup accelerator series and work on their startups full time.
- Mir Hwang (CAS '19); co-founder of GigFinesse
- Kyleigh Russ (Wagner MPA '20); co-founder of Govern for America
- Sophie Kennedy ( CAS '19); co-founder of SeaStraws
- Christopher Mitchell, Ph.D (Courant '15); co-founder of Geopipe
If you've already received a first time coaching appt, click "Meet with a Founder in Residence" and then book an appointment with any of the above Founders in Residence. Book an appointment here
Entrepreneurs in Residence
We are thrilled to welcome the inaugural group of Entrepreneurs in Residence to the Leslie eLab. These entrepreneurs have founded, sold, or IPO’d successful ventures in tech, consumer products, beauty, healthcare, and more.
Dana, Rob, and Marc provide 1:1 mentorship and are deeply experienced in supporting NYU startups. All three have mentored Summer Launchpad teams for the last 2+ years and are active members of the community.
To meet with Dana, Rob, or Marc you must be referred by one of the NYU Startup Coaches (Entrepreneurial Institute staff). Ask them for a referral today!
Fall 2019 EIRs:
- Dana Mauriello: Currently starting a DTC Cold, Allergy, and Sinus care brand building on her experience in product development and marketing for Estee Lauder, L’Oreal, and others. She is also consulting to Google’s Sidewalk Labs on Small Business Strategy and has spent the last ten years launching and running start-ups in the SMB space (started a VC funded crowdfunding business, ran business units at Etsy, startup COO).
- Rob Fassino (Tisch '88): 20+ years of experience building successful public and private digital businesses. He was one of four founding partners that developed XO Group Inc. from concept to a publicly-traded media/technology company, and was recently the Chief Product Officer at JOOR, the #1 digital wholesale marketplace connecting the world’s leading fashion brands and retailers.
- Marc Filerman: Healthcare venture consultant with multiple accelerators, and a lecturer on Lean Startup with the VentureWell organization. He co-founded a molecular imaging venture, a home-care tech startup, and has held multiple corporate leadership positions, including VP of Global Marketing at iCAD, an AI/ML-based image analysis software company, and Group Director of Marketing for Smith & Nephew’s operating room integration business.