Each program in the Accelerator Series is custom-fit to NYU startups at different stages, offering access to greater resources and intensity as you progress from one to the next.
- Who: Teams of at least 1 current NYU member (preference given to teams of 2+) with an idea or prototype
- What: 2-day Customer Development Primer
- When: 2-3 times per Fall and Spring semesters + 1 over the Summer semester
- Why: Begin to test your ideas and assumptions in the real world
- Perks: 1:1 coaching and mentorship, and improved odds of getting into a Startup Sprint, pre-requisite for Female Founders Fellowship
- Who: Teams of 2 or more (at least 1 member must be currently at NYU) with early prototype or product
- What: 2-Week Customer Development & Business Model Intensive
- When: One Sprint held during January Term and one Sprint held in late May/June (right after graduation)
- Why: Develop your business model and get to Problem-Solution Fit
- Perks: Daily 1:1 coaching and guidance, up to $500 grant plus an optional $500 in follow-on funding, $5,000 in AWS credits, priority access to VC & legal office hours, and improved odds of getting into Summer Launchpad!
- Who: Teams of 2 or more (at least 1 member must be currently at NYU) with a product or service that is ready for launch or already in the market seeking growth. Priority consideration for teams that already participated in a Startup Sprint
- What: 9-week Startup Accelerator
- When: Every Summer (starts in early/mid June through early/mid August)
- Why: Customer validation, acquisition & growth
- Perks: $10,000 non-dilutive grant, mentorship from NYC entrepreneurs and investors, pitch at exclusive investor demo day, pro-bono (free) incorporation & legal counsel, free banking, accounting & tax advice, $10,000 in AWS credits, and more.
While faculty are welcome to take part in any of the accelerator programs, we have specific programs designed for faculty, PhD, postdoc, and research-led teams who are interested in commercializing research. If this describes you, please check out our Tech Venture Program.