Each program in the Accelerator Series is custom-fit to NYU startups at different stages, offering access to greater resources and intensity as you progress from one to the next.
- Who: Teams of 1 NYU member (preference for teams of 2+) with an idea or prototype
- What: 2-day Customer Development Primer
- When: 2-3 times per Fall and Spring semesters + 1 over the Summer semester
- Why: Begin to test your ideas and assumptions in the real world
- Perks: 1:1 coaching and mentorship, and improved odds of getting into a Startup Sprint, pre-requisite for Female Founders Fellowship
- Who: Teams of 2 or more (≥1 must be currently at NYU) with early prototype or product
- What: 2-Week Customer Development & Business Model Intensive
- When: One Sprint during January Term and one Sprint in late May/June (right after graduation)
- Why: Develop your business model and get to Problem-Solution Fit
- Perks: Daily 1:1 coaching and guidance, up to $500 grant plus an optional $500 in follow-on funding, $5,000 in AWS credits, priority access to VC & legal office hours, and improved odds of getting into Summer Launchpad!
- Who: Teams of 2 or more (≥1 must be currently at NYU) with a product or service that is ready for launch or already in the market seeking growth. Priority consideration for teams that already participated in a Startup Sprint
- What: 9-week Startup Accelerator
- When: Every Summer (starts in early/mid June through early/mid August)
- Why: Customer validation, acquisition & growth
- Perks: $10,000 non-dilutive grant, mentorship from NYC entrepreneurs and investors, pitch at exclusive investor demo day, pro-bono (free) incorporation & legal counsel, free banking, accounting & tax advice, $10,000 in AWS credits, and more.
While faculty are encouraged to take part in any of the accelerator programs, we have specific programs designed for faculty, PhD and postdoc led teams who are interested in commercializing research. If that's you, please check out the Tech Venture Workshop program.