Each program in the Accelerator Series is custom-fit to NYU startups at different stages, and offer access to greater resources and intensity as you progress from one to the next.
- Who: Teams of 2 or more (≥1 must be currently at NYU) with an idea or prototype
- What: 2-day Customer Development Primer
- When: Roughly monthly during the Fall and Spring Semester
- Why: Begin to test your ideas and assumptions in the real world
- Perks: 1:1 coaching and mentorship, and improved odds of getting into a Startup Sprint
- Who: Teams of 2 or more (≥1 must be currently at NYU) with a prototype or product
- What: 2-Week Customer Development & Business Model Intensive
- When: January Term, late May/June (right after graduation) and late August (right before classes start)
- Why: Develop your business model and get to Problem-Solution Fit
- Perks: 1:1 coaching and mentorship, up to $1,000 grant plus an optional $1,500 in follow-on funding, $5,000 in AWS credits, priority access to VC & legal office hours, and improved odds of getting into Summer Launchpad
- Who: Teams of 2 or more (≥1 must be currently at NYU) with a product or service that is ready for launch or already in the market seeking growth. Priority consideration for teams that already participated in a Startup Sprint
- What: 9-week Startup Accelerator
- When: Every Summer (starts in early June through early August)
- Why: Customer validation, acquisition & growth
- Perks: $10,000 non-dilutive grant, mentorship from NYC entrepreneurs and investors, pitch at exclusive investor demo day, pro-bono (free) incorporation & legal counsel, free banking, accounting & tax advice, $10,000 in AWS credits, prototyping tools, and more.
While faculty are encouraged to take part in any of the accelerator programs, we have specific programs designed for faculty, PhD and postdoc led teams who are interested in commercializing research. If that's you, please check out the Tech Venture Workshop program.