The Female Founders Forum will bring together about 250 female founders, investors and members of the New York University Community, for a half day of inspiration, conversation and networking, in order to expand opportunity and community building for current and future female founders. This event is open to all female founders, investors and supporters (both NYU and non NYU affiliated).
Come network, find your next co-founder, partner, or investor, or maybe even your next job.
12:00-12:40 - Registration & Networking lunch: Catering provided by Taim Falafel
12:40-1:00pm - Opening Remarks:
- Dr. Stacie Bloom, Vice Provost for Research & Innovation, NYU
- Rebecca Silver, Associate Director, NYU Entrepreneurial Institute
1:00-1:50pm - Keynote speaker:
- Susan Lyne, President and Managing Partner at BBG Ventures
- Moderator: Stephanie Mehta, Editor-in-chief, Fast Company
1:50-2:00pm - Break
2:00-3:00pm - Panel - Who Run the World?
- Chloe Alpert, Founder & CEO of Medinas Health
- Marah Lidey, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Shine Text
- Milena Berry (NYU Tisch '03), Co-Founder and CEO of PowerToFly
- Olivia Landau (NYU Steinhardt '13), Founder & CEO of The Clear Cut
- Moderator: Cynthia Franklin of W.R. Berkley Innovation Labs
3:00-3:30pm - Networking break
3:30-4:30pm - Panel: Funding Females - Moving the Needle
- Caitlin Strandberg, Principal at Lerer Hippeau
- Jessica Lin, Co-Founder & General Partner at Work-Bench
- Nimi Katragadda, Partner at BoxGroup
- Rebecca Kaden, Partner at Union Square Ventures
- Moderator: Emily Baum of NYU Entrepreneurial Institute
4:30-4:40pm - Break
4:40-5:30pm - Pitchoff!
- Emcee: Desiree Frieson of NYDesigns
- Judge: Dr. Dee Dao, Venture Associate at NYU Innovation Venture Fund
- Judge: Geri Kirilova (NYU Stern '16), Principal at Laconia Capital Group
- Alice Formwalt (NYU Steinhardt '18), COO & Co-Founder of Street Smarts VR
- Alyssa Petersel (NYU Silver '17), CEO and Founder of My Wellbeing
- Bertha Jimenez (NYU Tandon '16), CEO and Founder of RISE Products
- Kobi Wu Pasmore (NYU Stern '15), CEO and Founder of VisuWall
- Myriam Sbeiti (NYU Tandon '18) and Daniela Blanco (NYU Tandon '20), Co-Founders of Sunthetics
- Rachel Konowitz (NYU Wagner '18), COO & Co-Founder of Motivote
5:30-6:30 - Pitch Winners Announcement, Venture Showcase & Happy Hour:
Thank you to our generous sponsors:
- Lowenstein Sandler LLP: We're a national law firm with more than 300 lawyers working from five offices in New York, New Jersey, California, Washington, D.C., and Utah.
- Pepper: We're an unapologetic brand specifically for women with small boobs, starting with bras.
- Sustain Natural: All natural and organic condoms, lubricants and wipes so you can get on top of your sexual health.
Powered By NYU: The Female Founders Forum is powered by the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute in partnership with the NYU School of Law, the NYU Tandon School of Engineering, the NYU Stern's W. R. Berkley Innovation Labs, and the NYU Office of Global Inclusion, Diversity, and Strategic Innovation.
If you're interested in volunteering and/or providing sponsorship for this event, please email email@example.com.
We also have a few remaining spots for the venture showcase tabling. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application to apply to table.