The NYU J-Term Startup Sprint (January 9-20, 2023) is a two-week intensive program to help NYU student startups transform their ideas and inventions into businesses. Each selected team will receive dedicated guidance from expert startup coaches, up to $500 in reimbursements, over $5,000 in perks, and be invited to participate in many opportunities for funding and other resources after the program.
In the past year alone 14+ Startup Sprint alumni ventures raised venture capital, seven received seed funding from NYU's Innovation Venture Fund, two won the NYU Entrepreneurs Challenge, while others were accepted into prominent accelerators such as Techstars, Mt. Sinai Elementa Labs Accelerator, Google For Startups, and two alumnae were named to Inc.'s Female Founders 100!
We're proud to say Startup Sprint alumni have rated the program a 9.6/10 average net promoter score (across over 200 participants!)! Read below to find out what last year's J-Term Startup Sprint teams had to say:
"The J-Term Startup Sprint was instrumental in helping to find our initial target customer and validating our business idea."
- Gabe Warshaw (Tisch '23), Baton; Winner of NYU Entrepreneurs Challenge, NYU Innovention Competition, Summer Launchpad accelerator alumni, and Founder-in-Residence at the Leslie eLab, and NYU Innovation Venture Fund Portfolio Company
"If you want to find out how your idea would actually be valued/utilized/dissected in the real world and not your imagination, do this Sprint."
- Adam Peterson (CAS '15), Alluder; Summer Launchpad accelerator alumni
"The Sprint changed the way we thought about our product. Through customer discovery, feedback sessions, lectures, and mentorship, we got the reality check we needed to accurately validate our idea and move forward confidently. I could go on, but it was invaluable."
- Drew Lederman (Tisch '20), Resist Nutrition; Summer Launchpad accelerator alumni, Female Founders Fellow
"The Startup Sprint really allowed our team to hone in on one aspect of our company at a time to fully build strong foundations."
- Emily Cohen (Steinhardt '23), Resist Nutrition; Summer Launchpad accelerator alumni, Female Founders Fellow
"Participating in the Sprint changed my mindset as an entrepreneur and taught me how to execute in simple, efficient ways to build the best product I can for our users."
- Aaron Peterson (Tandon '23), Alluder; Summer Launchpad accelerator alumni
The next J-Term Startup Sprint takes place January 9-20, 2023 (all day each week day). NYU students and staff creating scalable, differentiated ventures in all industries (including non-profits) are welcome to apply!
Applications for the Sprint are due on November 14 at 6pm ET. RSVP today for a mandatory info session to learn if the Startup Sprint is for you!:
- Wed, Oct 19, 4-5:30pm ET (via Zoom): RSVP
- Mon, Oct 24, 4-5:30pm ET at the Leslie eLab (16 Washington Pl. - open to NYU Students/staff only): RSVP
- Fri, Nov 4, 12:30-1:30pm ET at the Leslie eLab (16 Washington Pl. - open to NYU Students/staff only): RSVP
- Mon, Nov 7, noon-1:30pm ET (via Zoom): RSVP
Learn more about the Sprint at: https://entrepreneur.nyu.edu/startup-sprint-student/