Entrepreneurial Institute

Welcome Emily Baum: New Programs Manager

The NYU Entrepreneurial Institute would like to welcome Emily Baum to our ranks! In her role as Programs Manager, Emily has joined our team of in-house mentors, and will take an active part in coaching our NYU entrepreneurs through various stages of launching a startup. So that you can get to know her a little better, we sat Emily down for a quick interview about her journey! Check out the interview below:

NYU Entrepreneurial Institute: Tell us a little about yourself and your journey. How did you end up at the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute?
Emily: My journey looks like a bit of a zig-zag on paper, but every step was purposeful and led me to where I am today. From working in Neuroscience labs, to my first job in pharma, to business school, design consulting, building a wearable tech company and a nonprofit, to today - each step has been deliberate.

Institute: What are you most excited for in your new role?
Emily: Meeting and supporting diverse founders from all parts of the university, as well as working remote jobs with an incredible team that also values human-centered design!

Institute: What occupies your free time outside of the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute?
Emily: Most of my time outside of here is spent at Reboot Democracy, an organization I co-founded and now serve as Executive Director. I also sing in a chorus and spend a lot of my time biking and painting.

Institute: Tell us more about Reboot Democracy!
Emily: Reboot Democracy was created to bring innovators in technology and politics together to support growth in the democracy tech sector. The organization helps funders and legacy organizations gain visibility into the blossoming democracy tech ecosystem in order to connect, collaborate, and prioritize investments. We links innovators, including many women and underrepresented minorities, with the investment and support they need to bring their ideas to life.

Institute: Anything else you'd like to say to the NYU community?
Emily: I’m six days in and already more impressed than I imagined!

We are very excited to have Emily join our team, and we know her experience will bring a lot to the table. Next time you're at the Leslie eLab, make sure to stop by her desk and introduce yourself!

Related