The 2019 Faculty Startup Sprint was held on August 2nd, and from August 26th-30th, 2019 (all day each day of the program).
PLEASE NOTE: This program requires a full-time commitment during the program (40 hours per week).
- Workshops: Experts in IP, Funding and other domains from across the NYU and NYC startup communities
- Founder talks: Learn from Faculty Entrepreneurs who have been in your shoes
- Customers: Find a compelling market opportunity for your technology by “Getting out of the Building” and talking directly to prospective users, customers and partners
- Connections: Opportunity to meet VCs, grant providers and more
- Experimentation: Learn how to run experiments to build your prototypes
- Community: You’ll work alongside and learn from a community of fellow Faculty, PhD and Postdoc NYU startup founders
- Team: Ideally 2 or more participants, one of which must be an NYU Faculty, PhD and Postdoc
- Focus: Priority will be given to venture concepts grounded in research and/or technology innovation (though those outside these focus areas are welcome to apply)
- Commitment: Committed to your startup full-time (at least 40 hours per week) for the duration of the program and a passion for the problem you hope to solve (with a plan for how you’ll hope to continue after the program)
- Buy-In: Understand the requirements of the program and have an openness to customer discovery
- A lot of passion, hard work and drive!
- Attended an info-session: We want to know you understand what you’re signing up for. Therefore, attendance of an info session is mandatory. See below to sign up for an info session. Can’t make any info session time? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting your application
- Diversity: Some preference given to teams with at least 1 female or minority co-founder
- STEM: Preference given to teams with STEM-centered solutions (science, technology, engineering, and math)
- Coaching: Preference given to teams who have received coaching from a coach; Sign up for a coaching appointment here with Dee or Sergei.
- Funding: $1,000 at the start of the program (reimbursable expenses), and eligibility for $1,500 after competing the 1 week program in future funding for the top-performing teams who complete the program
- Perks: $5,000 in Amazon Web Services Credits, advice on legal issues, and more
- $100,000 NYU Technology Venture Competition 2019-20: The top two-three teams from the program will be guaranteed an invitation to advance to the quarter finals for the$100,000 NYU Technology Venture Competition, where they will compete for $100K in non-dilutive grant funding.
- Food: Breakfast and/or lunch each day of the program is included
- Co-working space: 24/7 co-working space during the entirety of the program at the Leslie eLab.
Learn about the teams who participated in the 2018 Faculty Startup Sprint on our blog.