This program is for students who are passionate about building new products and have an idea for an innovative hardware or software technology.
- Funds must be used for tools and materials to build the prototype (not to pay someone else to build it for you)
- All NYU students (undergrad and grad) are eligible to apply
- Teams will be given preference (individual applicants will be considered)
- Multi-school collaborations will be given preference
- All teams must have at least one NYU student, but may also include members from outside the University as well
- Awards will be granted twice per year (Fall and Spring semesters).
- ~5 – 7 teams will receive awards
- Applicants can apply for up to $500 in prototyping funds for the first phase and up to $2000 for the second phase (must receive Phase 1 to be eligible for Phase 2).
- All funds will be distributed as a reimbursement for your expenses (when you provide a receipt)
Awarded teams have access to:
Workshops: Two workshops focused on best practices in prototyping led by industry experts.
Equipment: Teams will be given access to key partners who can provide access to equipment and tools
Showcase: All funded projects will participate in an event at the end of the semester to showcase your prototypes to the NYU community