This program is for students who are passionate about building new products and have an idea for an innovative hardware or software technology.
- Funds must be used for tools and materials to build the prototype (not to pay someone else to build it for you)
- All NYU students (undergrad and grad) are eligible to apply
- Teams will be given preference (individual applicants will be considered)
- Multi-school collaborations will be given preference
- All teams must have at least one NYU student, but may also included members from outside the University as well
- Awards will be granted twice per year (Fall and Spring semesters).
- ~8 – 12 teams will receive awards each semester
- Applicants can apply for up to $500 in prototyping funds for the first phase and up to $2000 for the second phase.
- All funds will be distributed as a reimbursement for your expenses (when you provide a receipt)
Awarded teams have access to:
Workshop: A workshops about best practices in prototyping with hardware and software experts from the community
Equipment: Teams will be given access to key partners who can provide access to equipment and tools
Showcase: All funded projects will participate in an event at the end of the semester to showcase your prototypes to the NYU community
Applications due phase I: February 3, 2017 @ 5 pm - Closed
Award announcements: February 10, 2017
Prototype workshop: February 16 (11 am - 12 pm @ Leslie eLab)
Prototyping Fund Winners Showcase: April 25 (12:30 pm- 2:30 pm @ MakerSpace)