Our mission is to increase diversity in STEM entrepreneurship and provide guidance as well as resources for STEM innovators. We support initiatives that help faculty and students reach greater heights by harnessing important technologies and re-imagining business ideas.
We catapult these ideas into advanced, problem-solving innovations to address society’s greatest problems. Learn more here.
Benefits to the program are:
● Funding to produce prototypes for successful participants.
● Training in the Lean LaunchPad methodology.
● Partnerships with technical and business mentors.
● Validation of customers and minimum viable product.
The program is committed to improving diversity in STEM entrepreneurship, so women and students of color are encouraged to apply. A portion of the program during the summer will be devoted to exploring the challenges facing diversity in STEM entrepreneurship.
Who should apply:
● Multidisciplinary teams are encouraged to apply, but individuals without a team will also be considered. The program will then help them connect with others.
● Those who are interested in tackling a social challenge (like food waste, access to clean water, health) but do not have a specific technical or scientific solution in mind.
● Those without a specific idea or goal, but who want to learn more about startup culture and how it can improve STEM research.