J-Term Startup Sprint runs all day Monday through Friday from January 8th through 19th, 2018. A detailed schedule for the program can be found here.
PLEASE NOTE: This program is NOT for credit. However, (just like a startup) it REQUIRES a full-time commitment during the program.
- Workshops: Experts across the NYU and NYC startup communities
- Founder talks: Learn from those who have been in your shoes
- Customers: Create solutions customers love by “Getting out of the Building” and talking directly to prospective users, customers and partners
- Connections: Opportunity to meet VCs, accelerators and more
- Experimentation: Learn how to run experiments to build your MVPs and prototypes
- Community: You’ll work alongside and learn from a community of NYU startup founders
You can access the info-session slides here.
- Team: 2 or more entrepreneurs with at least 1 team member currently at NYU; Don’t have two team members? Come to the J-Sprint team hunt on November 10th
- Commitment: Committed to your startup full-time (at least 40 hours per week) for the duration of the two week program and a passion for the problem you hope to solve (with a plan for how you’ll continue after the program)
- Buy-In: Understand the requirements of the program and have an openness to customer discovery
- A lot of passion, hard work and hustle!
From there, we will consider your idea or early prototype and how you believe your time in the J-Term Startup Sprint will launch your venture into the next phase of product development and launch. A few additional criteria will determine the final selection:
- Diversity: Preference given to teams planning to graduate in 2018 or 2019, with at least 1 female or minority founder
- STEM: Preference given to teams with STEM-centered solutions (science, technology, engineering, and math)
- Coaching: Preference given to teams who have received coaching from a NYU Blackstone LaunchPad coach; Sign up for a coaching appointment here
- Funding: $350 at the start of the program and eligibility for $1,000-$3,000 in follow on funding, for the top two-three teams
- Perks: $5,000 in Amazon Web Services Credits, advice on legal issues and more!
- SLP 2018: The top two-three teams from the program will be guaranteed an invitation to interview for NYU Summer Launchpad accelerator 2018, to launch their venture full time
- Food: Lunch each day of the program