The NYU Healthcare Makerthon is a high energy opportunity to work alongside passionate members of the NYU community to solve for unmet needs in healthcare. During the multi-stage Healthcare Makerthon, teams of NYU students, faculty, researchers, and staff will compete to win over $10,000* in total prizes – $5,000* at Makerthon Weekend, and $5,000* to one grand prize winner at a final pitch-off in November.
Healthcare Makerthon Weekend Agenda - October 26th-28th
Day 1 - Fri, Oct 26 (6 - 9 pm):
Day 2 - Sat, Oct 27 (8:30 am - 10:30 pm):
- Kickoff presentation by NYU Entrepreneurial Institute team
- Keynote presentation by Jeffrey Dachis (Steinhardt '92), Founder and CEO, One Drop
Talk by Darya Moldavskaya, Co-Founder, ReverCare
Talk by Sabina Braverman (Wagner '18), Co-Founder and CEO, Health Huddle
- Team formation (for those participating in the challenge)
- Food will be provided
- Workshops on designning for accessibility, user personas and more
- Prototyping & business model design with guidance from expert mentors
- API and hardware presentations
- Customer discovery with potential customers/users
- Expert guidance from healthcare and clinical providers
- Plus Breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Day 3 - Sun, Oct 28 (8:15 am - 5:30 pm):
- Solution finalization
- Pitch practice & guidance
- Final pitch off to compete for $5,000,* and an opportunity to advance to the next Makerthon phase, where one grand prie winner will take away $5,000* more, plus many other great perks and prizes!
- Breakfast, lunch and closing reception
Who its for: Anyone with an NYU, or NYU Langone Health current ID card (students, faculty, staff);* including:
- Those who already have a team for the Makerthon Weekend (must attend all days of the Makerthon)
- Those who are looking to join a team for Makerthon Weekennd (must attend all days of the Makerthon)
- Those who just want to hear the speakers on Day 1, but don't want to participate as a challenge solver (may only attend opening night of the Makerthon, Day 1)
NOTE: Only open to current members of the NYU and NYU Langone Health communities (students, faculty, researchers, clinical staff). Unfortunately no outside attendees are permitted, including NYU alumni.
Learn more about the Healthcare Makerthon here.
Now in its fourth year, the NYU Healthcare Makerthon is a program held in partnership with the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute and NYU Langone Health, and NYU Aging Incubator, with support from the NYU Office of the President.
Have questions? Email email@example.com
* Reimbursible expenses, awarded across up to four teams, plus additional (surprize) prizes